ASUS's Z170-PRO has the standard ASUS Z170 UEFI. The sleek blue and black theme add to the overall responsiveness of the interface. The UEFI has two operating modes: EZ Mode and an Advanced Mode. The EZ Mode will be the landing page for this motherboard, and you just have to press F7 to access the more advanced UEFI interface. In the EZ Mode, you can tune the fans with a GUI shown below.
The Z170-PRO's advanced mode provides a lot more overclocking options than EZ Mode. There are multiple levels of LLC that you can use, 1-7 levels which does a good enough job of reducing voltage droop under load.
The Z170 Pro works well with ASUS's overclocking programs such as TurboV Core and MemTweakIt. ASUS also provides other programs such as HyStream and ASUS Home Cloud.
The Z170 Pro also supports ASUS's Dual Intelligent Processors 5 (DIP5) program that has a bunch of other ASUS programs built into it. Since the motherboard has an Intel NIC, you can use ASUS's version of cFOS for handling the LAN.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $195 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £134 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170-PRO Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse