Now we can start to see the differences between the ASUS Z170-A and the Z170-Pro.
This VRM is an 8+2 phase (VCore + iGPU).
ASUS is using pretty much the same VRM as they did on the Z170-A. The ASP1400B is an unknown PWM (not IR35201 or IR35203 because of pin count, and most likely not one of the common Intersil PWMs). It can output at least 4+2 phases. The "+2" phases are provided to two drivers labeled "CE1" and output to two low-side and a single high-side MOSFET for each iGPU phase. The first four phases each goes to a "C1E" driver which outputs to two sets of one low-side and high-side MOSFET and two inductors. The eight phases are created by doubling the driver output. The high-side MOSFETs are ON Semiconductor NTMFS4C09N, and the low-side are NTMFS4C06N.
The VCCSA gets power from a single phase VR using the same MOSFETs as the CPU VRM and a Richtek PWM. The VCCIO gets power from a Texas Instruments 10A integrated step-down regulator.
The memory VRM uses the same components as the VCCSA VRM.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $195 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS Z170-PRO (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £134 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170-PRO Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Z170-PRO Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now