To begin testing, we set up the router for LAN throughput. The EA7500 was able to bring in an 899 Mbps average over its first and fourth ports.
WAN to LAN reached 891 Mbps, possibly bottlenecked by the LAN switch.
Switching to wireless throughput, I was able to get 114 Mbps out of the EA7500 on the 20MHz band and 130 Mbps leaving the device on Auto.
5GHz performance was quite interesting with the EA7500. As you can see, performance was quite good with the 20Mhz band topping 131 Mbps next to 322 Mbps for the 40MHz band and tying everything together 449M bps on the 80Mhz band.
I honestly haven't seen this level of 5GHz performance since the original Nighthawk and before that the WRT1900AC.
In our Multi-User test, we use three identical smartphones with the latest MU-MIMO chipset. This test requires the router to handle three simultaneous throughput streams with the results below for each band.
Multiple-user performance for the EA7500 on the 2.4GHz band was able to reach 65 Mbps. Not surprisingly these results may be low because this router only supports two devices on MU-MIMO and we test with three.
Looking at the 5GHz performance, we found the EA7500 to reach 270 Mbps on our test devices.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys MAX-STREAM EA7500 AC1900 MU-MIMO Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Google's 4K-ready Chromecast Ultra teased at just $69
- Microsoft rumored to launch Surface Phone in 2017
- Conjur up a free Blu-ray in our 'Conjuring 2' giveaway!
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now