To begin testing, we set up the router for LAN throughput. The EA7500 was able to bring in an 899 Mbps average over its first and fourth ports.
WAN to LAN reached 891 Mbps, possibly bottlenecked by the LAN switch.
Switching to wireless throughput, I was able to get 114 Mbps out of the EA7500 on the 20MHz band and 130 Mbps leaving the device on Auto.
5GHz performance was quite interesting with the EA7500. As you can see, performance was quite good with the 20Mhz band topping 131 Mbps next to 322 Mbps for the 40MHz band and tying everything together 449M bps on the 80Mhz band.
I honestly haven't seen this level of 5GHz performance since the original Nighthawk and before that the WRT1900AC.
In our Multi-User test, we use three identical smartphones with the latest MU-MIMO chipset. This test requires the router to handle three simultaneous throughput streams with the results below for each band.
Multiple-user performance for the EA7500 on the 2.4GHz band was able to reach 65 Mbps. Not surprisingly these results may be low because this router only supports two devices on MU-MIMO and we test with three.
Looking at the 5GHz performance, we found the EA7500 to reach 270 Mbps on our test devices.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys MAX-STREAM EA7500 AC1900 MU-MIMO Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset