Multi User Throughput
In our Multi-User test, we use three identical smartphones with the latest MU-MIMO chipset. This test requires the router to handle three simultaneous throughput streams with the results below for each band.
As you can see in our 2.4GHz testing, the P5 reached just 69 Mbps while 5GHz produces better results at 268 Mbps.
When I was first contacted and shown photos of the Touch P5, I wasn't sure if the touchscreen was a gimmick or would actually prove useful. In testing, I was quite surprised by how easy the touchscreen was to use and being capacitive, it was more responsive - very similar to my original Android phone, the HTC Incredible. Build quality seemed to be quite good, and while comprised of plastic the mosaic pattern did give it a bit of aesthetic appeal.
The performance of the Touch P5 was middle of the road in most cases but did excel in our wired throughput testing. 2.4GHz and 5GHz results were average reaching a peak of 140 Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 322 Mbps on the 5GHz. With this solution not taking advantage of MU-MIMO, I didn't expect the Touch P5 to perform amazingly well in multi-user testing, but it did manage to bring in 268 Mbps on the 5GHz 80MHz band.
With so many solutions on the market, it can be quite difficult to find a solution you are confident can serve your needs for years to come. In looking at our market analysis, TP-LINK has priced the Touch P5 in quite a difficult spot with the Nighthawk R7000 just a few bucks cheaper. With that said, TP-LINK does offer an extra year on the warranty so it really just comes down to what you want as the consumer, a higher performing router or more warranty.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||80%|
|Bundle and Packaging||80%|
|Value for Money||75%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||78%|
The Bottom Line: TP-LINK's Touch P5 is a middle of the road wireless solution with everything you need to get started, but at this stage in the game, it's going to take more than a touchscreen to lure buyers.
PRICING: You can find the TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router retails for $252 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router retails for £130 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google preparing 'Pixel 3' laptop with new Andromeda OS
- iPhone 7 owners drill hole to find hidden headphone jack
- Google's 4K-ready Chromecast Ultra teased at just $69
- Microsoft rumored to launch Surface Phone in 2017
- Conjur up a free Blu-ray in our 'Conjuring 2' giveaway!
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now