Multi User Throughput
In our Multi-User test, we use three identical smartphones with the latest MU-MIMO chipset. This test requires the router to handle three simultaneous throughput streams with the results below for each band.
As you can see in our 2.4GHz testing, the P5 reached just 69 Mbps while 5GHz produces better results at 268 Mbps.
When I was first contacted and shown photos of the Touch P5, I wasn't sure if the touchscreen was a gimmick or would actually prove useful. In testing, I was quite surprised by how easy the touchscreen was to use and being capacitive, it was more responsive - very similar to my original Android phone, the HTC Incredible. Build quality seemed to be quite good, and while comprised of plastic the mosaic pattern did give it a bit of aesthetic appeal.
The performance of the Touch P5 was middle of the road in most cases but did excel in our wired throughput testing. 2.4GHz and 5GHz results were average reaching a peak of 140 Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 322 Mbps on the 5GHz. With this solution not taking advantage of MU-MIMO, I didn't expect the Touch P5 to perform amazingly well in multi-user testing, but it did manage to bring in 268 Mbps on the 5GHz 80MHz band.
With so many solutions on the market, it can be quite difficult to find a solution you are confident can serve your needs for years to come. In looking at our market analysis, TP-LINK has priced the Touch P5 in quite a difficult spot with the Nighthawk R7000 just a few bucks cheaper. With that said, TP-LINK does offer an extra year on the warranty so it really just comes down to what you want as the consumer, a higher performing router or more warranty.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||80%|
|Bundle and Packaging||80%|
|Value for Money||75%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||78%|
The Bottom Line: TP-LINK's Touch P5 is a middle of the road wireless solution with everything you need to get started, but at this stage in the game, it's going to take more than a touchscreen to lure buyers.
PRICING: You can find the TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router retails for $252 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router retails for £130 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers