Multi User Throughput
In our Multi-User test, we use three identical smartphones with the latest MU-MIMO chipset. This test requires the router to handle three simultaneous throughput streams with the results below for each band.
As you can see in our 2.4GHz testing, the P5 reached just 69 Mbps while 5GHz produces better results at 268 Mbps.
When I was first contacted and shown photos of the Touch P5, I wasn't sure if the touchscreen was a gimmick or would actually prove useful. In testing, I was quite surprised by how easy the touchscreen was to use and being capacitive, it was more responsive - very similar to my original Android phone, the HTC Incredible. Build quality seemed to be quite good, and while comprised of plastic the mosaic pattern did give it a bit of aesthetic appeal.
The performance of the Touch P5 was middle of the road in most cases but did excel in our wired throughput testing. 2.4GHz and 5GHz results were average reaching a peak of 140 Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 322 Mbps on the 5GHz. With this solution not taking advantage of MU-MIMO, I didn't expect the Touch P5 to perform amazingly well in multi-user testing, but it did manage to bring in 268 Mbps on the 5GHz 80MHz band.
With so many solutions on the market, it can be quite difficult to find a solution you are confident can serve your needs for years to come. In looking at our market analysis, TP-LINK has priced the Touch P5 in quite a difficult spot with the Nighthawk R7000 just a few bucks cheaper. With that said, TP-LINK does offer an extra year on the warranty so it really just comes down to what you want as the consumer, a higher performing router or more warranty.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||80%|
|Bundle and Packaging||80%|
|Value for Money||75%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||78%|
The Bottom Line: TP-LINK's Touch P5 is a middle of the road wireless solution with everything you need to get started, but at this stage in the game, it's going to take more than a touchscreen to lure buyers.
PRICING: You can find the TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router retails for $252 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router retails for £130 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset