Tyler's Router Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Patriot Viper 3 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
TP-LINK touts their Touch P5 as having a one-minute quick setup utilizing the touchscreen. To start the process, it's rather simple as the router has an auto detect feature for the WAN connection.
Moving on, we continue setting up the wireless networks both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz.
After setup is complete, we have the screen seen above. When you are not in the menu, the router will display the time and date similar to the lock screen on your mobile phone.
Above, we have the main menu for the Touch P5. As you can see, it's laid out similar to an Android device and allows you to change everything from wireless settings to parental controls.
Diving a little deeper into the menu system, this solution does offer QoS along with the ability to adjust the screen settings to your liking.
Along with having the ability to control this router with the Touchscreen, you will also have the standard WebGUI. As you can see here, the landing screen gives you a quick overview of what's going on with the router.
Under the advanced settings, parental controls allow you to setup a whitelist and blacklist for devices in your home, these can then be setup to allow access during certain times.
QoS, as mentioned previously, is a big feature in modern routers and seen above, TP-LINK has chosen to use banks in which devices can be set up according to how important they are.
A growing feature of modern solutions is the ability to switch modes on a single piece of hardware. With the Touch P5, while its primary job is a router, it can also operate as an access point or repeater.
PRICING: You can find the TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router retails for $252 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The TP-LINK Touch P5 Touchscreen AC1900 Wireless Router retails for £130 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Huawei will unveil their concept phone on December 16th
- Cassini shows first images of Saturn from new orbit
- Doom update adds Infernal Run mode, multiplayer bots
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel