Netgear Nighthawk X8 Wireless Router
Product packaging for the Nighthawk X8 is as much presentation as I have seen for a wireless router. On the front, we have a large image of the router with very little regarding marketing on the front.
Opening the box, you straight away see just how large this solution is as it completely fills the entire box.
Pulling the router from the box, we get a glimpse of the scope of delivery. As you can see above, we have the power adapter, Ethernet cable, and reading materials.
Hiding on the right-hand side of the router were both USB ports.
Right around the corner on the back of the unit, we have seven Gbe ports - one for WAN and six for LAN - the first two capable of Link Aggregation. To the far right the reset, power input and switch are located.
As I have been doing as of late, I opened up the R8500 to see what makes it tick. As you can see, most of the components are covered by a large heat sink with the USB ports exposed to the right.
The large heat sink didn't stop me and after a few screws and popping the lids on the EMI shields, we get a good look at the main components. As I mentioned in the specifications, this router is a Broadcom platform featuring a BCM47094 and three BCM4366 radios these can be seen in orange and red above. In blue is the 512MB of Samsung DDR3 while purple outlines the 128MB of NAND from Spansion.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Tri-Band Quad Stream Wi-Fi Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni