Netgear Nighthawk X8 Wireless Router
Product packaging for the Nighthawk X8 is as much presentation as I have seen for a wireless router. On the front, we have a large image of the router with very little regarding marketing on the front.
Opening the box, you straight away see just how large this solution is as it completely fills the entire box.
Pulling the router from the box, we get a glimpse of the scope of delivery. As you can see above, we have the power adapter, Ethernet cable, and reading materials.
Hiding on the right-hand side of the router were both USB ports.
Right around the corner on the back of the unit, we have seven Gbe ports - one for WAN and six for LAN - the first two capable of Link Aggregation. To the far right the reset, power input and switch are located.
As I have been doing as of late, I opened up the R8500 to see what makes it tick. As you can see, most of the components are covered by a large heat sink with the USB ports exposed to the right.
The large heat sink didn't stop me and after a few screws and popping the lids on the EMI shields, we get a good look at the main components. As I mentioned in the specifications, this router is a Broadcom platform featuring a BCM47094 and three BCM4366 radios these can be seen in orange and red above. In blue is the 512MB of Samsung DDR3 while purple outlines the 128MB of NAND from Spansion.
PRICING: You can find the Netgear Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Tri-Band Quad Stream Wi-Fi Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's foldable smartphone to launch before the Note8
- Destiny 2 screenshots revealed
- Samsung is aware of weird fingerprint sensor location
- Destiny 2 to feature 'great story and characters'
- Samsung doubles Galaxy S8 supply, expects record sales
- iStorage datAshur Pro 8GB Encrypted Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R having wierd issues with 8 GB RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- CD PROJEKT summarizes its 2016 financial results
- Destiny 2 announced: blockbuster sequel to the biggest new console video game franchise launch of all time set for September 8
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software