GIGABYTE's Z170 UEFI is standardized among all of their models. An advanced mode provides all the settings you need to change, and for the most part, the UEFI is quite stable, and there aren't many bugs. It has been a while since Z170 launched, so I expect the UEFI to be stable. GIGABYTE has added features as time goes on to improve user experience, one of them is the "mouse speed" option below.
The UEFI also has all the overclocking settings you need to overclock Skylake. Overclocking is straightforward, and there are more options than you will need, but it's simple enough so you won't be overwhelmed.
Fan control is quite basic compared to competitors in the UEFI, so if you want more than a few PWM settings, then you should look into GIGABYTE's in-Windows "System Information Viewer" program.
While the Z170X-Gaming 6 doesn't have a Creative chip onboard, GIGABYTE did license the Sound Blaster X-Fi3 MB software for extra features. Killer's Network Manager is also included for the Killer NIC.
GIGABYTE provides @BIOS, Ambient LED, USB Block, Home Cloud, APP Center (with auto update), Home Cloud, EasyTune, System Information Viewer, Fast Boot, Smart Backup, and Platform power management.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $190 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170X-Gaming 6 Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications