OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD
The TRION 150 retails in blue themed packaging. The front of the box features an image of the enclosed drive. Capacity is listed on the bottom right corner of the box.
The rear of the packaging lists the drives 2.5" x 7mm form factor, SATA 6Gb/s interface, the three-year warranty and a short spiel about some of the attributes common to SSDs.
Inside the box is a clear plastic enclosure containing the drive itself and a printed user's guide.
The front of the drive's textured aluminum alloy enclosure features an attractive manufacturer's label.
The back half of the all-aluminum alloy enclosure features a manufacture's label that lists the part number, model number, serial number, shipping firmware, capacity and various other bits of relevant information.
The drive's full-length PCB snaps into place. The entire enclosure is a screw-less design that snaps together.
The TRION 150 employs a thermal pad to wick heat from the controller which is a feature that was not used on the TRION 100.
Toshiba's TC58 controller, eight flash packages, and single DRAM cache package are located on this side of the full-length PCB.
This side of the PCB features an additional eight flash packages.
The Toshiba TC58 8-channel quad-core controller that powers the TRION 150.
One of the sixteen 32GB 15nm TLC TSOP flash packages that populate the PCB.
A close-in view of the drive's 512MB Micron DDR3 DRAM cache package.
PRICING: You can find the OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD retails for $158 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD retails for £115 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- AMD's new Radeon RX 580 and RX 570 spotted
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design