The Magic is in the Remote
Note: NVIDIA is including the Shield remote with the Shield, which is freaking awesome. This could be for a limited time, so watch out!
It's just a remote, right? As Kevin Spacey said playing Lex Luthor in Superman Returns said: "WRONG". NVIDIA doesn't do things half-arsed, with the Shield remote having a few things going for it.
First, you can charge it through microUSB which is just awesome. During my time with the Shield, my Shield remote ran out of battery, and I just happened to be charging my smartphone with a portable battery bank. I unplugged my smartphone and plugged the microUSB cable into the Shield remote, and voila - it was charging.
Second, the volume up/down toggle is something new - where you slide your thumb up and down the remote, adjusting the volume to your liking.
Then we have the great navigation buttons on the Shield remote, which make navigating around Android TV super easy. The back button comes in handy more than you'll know, and so does the Home button.
Lastly, the Shield remote also features a microphone - so you can talk to it and ask it to "play the Batman v Superman trailer on YouTube" or "find TweakTown on YouTube". This ease of use gives me a very Google Now/Apple Siri vibe, and I love it.
PRICING: You can find the NVIDIA Shield for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NVIDIA Shield retails for $196 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NVIDIA Shield retails for £150 at Amazon UK.
Canada: The NVIDIA Shield retails for $289 CAD at Amazon Canada.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives