A Damn Fine Professional-Grade 4K Monitor: With beautiful colors and IQ, the ViewSonic VP2780-4K is definitely something worth considering if you're in the market for a pro-grade monitor.
Height Adjustable Stand: The stand that ViewSonic has used on the VP2780-4K is great, with it being height adjustable - but the inclusion of putting it into portrait goes a long way, especially in the professional market.
Plenty of Connectivity: With plenty of USB 3.0 ports, a slew of HDMI and DisplayPort connections, the ViewSonic VP2780-4K has it in spades.
A Little on the Expensive Side: At $699, the ViewSonic VP2780-4K isn't cheap - but it's not meant to be. It's a professional-orientated monitor, but it's hard to choose this over offerings from Dell and Samsung, for example.
With a beautiful image and near perfect colors, sub 10ms input lag for gamers and a great height adjustable stand with portrait abilities, the ViewSonic VP2780-4K is a great monitor. It has its specific market, which has gamers looking away.
ViewSonic has a much better than average IPS-based 4K monitor on its hands, where it can fight against the likes of Dell and Samsung - and come out on top, which is a huge thing for ViewSonic. The only thing that some of its competitors have over the VP2780-4K is that ViewSonic hasn't provided 100% Adobe RGB coverage - so if you need this, walk away from the ViewSonic VP2780-4K - if not, this could be your next purchase.
While the ViewSonic VP2780-4K is expensive, it is easily justified if you're looking at a monitor that ticks all the right boxes. We have a 4K-capable screen with an IPS panel, fairly decent gaming abilities, and a $699 price. If you can swallow that pill, ViewSonic might actually surprise you with the VP2780-4K.
For normal office work and casual users, you're not going to be interested - but those who have been searching for a great professional-grade monitor might feel at home with the ViewSonic VP2780-4K.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (display quality/resolution)||90%|
|Quality (build/matte or gloss finish)||90%|
|General Features (outputs, ports)||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||70%|
|Value for Money||80%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||85%|
The Bottom Line: This is one of the best 4K monitors we've tested, and while it doesn't have G-Sync or FreeSync - it stands on its own as a damn fine professional-oriented 4K display.
PRICING: You can find the ViewSonic VP2780-4K 27-Inch 4K Ultra HD LED Monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ViewSonic VP2780-4K 27-Inch 4K Ultra HD LED Monitor retails for $700 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ViewSonic VP2780-4K 27-Inch 4K Ultra HD LED Monitor retails for £699 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Test System Configuration]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch is all about 'playing games anywhere with anyone'
- Gabe Newell holding Reddit AmA tomorrow
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99