Most solutions hitting the market as of late are coming equipped with a technology called MU-MIMO. This technology is being deployed in many solutions to improve wireless bandwidth by enabling simultaneous host to client transmission. This simply means that the host or router will serve multiple clients at the same time where previously devices would "take turns" transmitting data.
One of the newest solutions coming from the lab at TP-LINK is their AC2600 solution. This router is a four-stream enabling 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz band via 256QAM and 1.7Gbps on the 5GHz band, additionally, as mentioned, this solution does feature MU-MIMO technology. Diving deeper the TP-LINK Archer C2600 shares an identical platform with the Linksys EA8500, this starts with the Qualcomm IPQ8064 operating at 1.4GHz next to 512MB of memory. The 2.4 and 5GHz radios are powered by the QCA9980 MU-MIMO radio using Skyworks power amps, and the entire platform utilizes 32MB of flash.
Hardware features of the C2600 include four gigabit LAN ports paired with a single gigabit WAN, adding to this is two USB 3.0 ports along with four detachable antennas. On the wireless side of things, this wireless router supports dual-band connectivity via 802.11b/g/n on 2.4GHz and 802.11ac/n/a on the 5GHz with each supporting 64/128-bit WEP and WPA security. MSRP of the TP-LINK Archer C2600 sits at $249.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router retails for £145 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Management GUI]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives