Single Client Throughput
HD Video Play - 720p HD stream from Windows Media Player, 256kB reads
2HD Video Play - 2x playback
4HD Video Play - 4x playback
HD Video Record - 720p HD stream, 256kB writes
File Copy from NAS - 4GB file copy, 64kB reads
File Copy to NAS - 64kB writes
Starting off our single client testing, we have RAID 0 with the Asustor. It's worthy to note here that these tests are done with SSDs while prior NAS appliances were tested with hard drives.
Looking at our results, we find file copy coming in at 131 MB/s while playback and record comes in at 126 MB/s along with similar results in Video record. Single, two and four times video playback came in a 97, 116 and 114 MB/s, respectively.
Moving over to RAID 1, our results did not falter too much as we still have 117 MB per second on video record with 110 on file copy to the NAS. In our video playback testing, we found peak results to come in at four times playback at 103 MB per second while single and two times came in at 83 and 100 MB/s, respectively.
Benchmarks – Sequential Workloads
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Sequential read results for the AS6202T came in at 118 MB/s from start to finish.
Sequential write started out at 64 MB/s then ramped up to a peak of 115 MB/s.
If we look at RAID 1, sequential results touched the same 118 MB/s read.
While write performance within RAID 1 did fall slightly, but the Asustor unit did bring in a peak of 91 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find the Asustor AS6202T SMB NAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Asustor AS6202T SMB NAS retails for $563 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Asustor AS6202T SMB NAS retails for £462 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- MSI has the first graphics card with a USB Type-C port
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017