8K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe the SM863 achieving a steady state at 5,000 seconds of preconditioning. The PM863 achieves a steady state at about 8,000 seconds of preconditioning.
8K random is a more demanding workload than 4K. As we typically see, performance is half that of 4K. 8K is a common transfer size in a server environment. The M510DC delivers good results, outperforming all but the SM863. Just a quick note on the 480GB M510DC. The 480GB capacity point of the M510DC is by far the best performing capacity point of the series, making it a better comparison than the 960GB M510DC. The PM863 again handily outperforms the 845DC EVO it is replacing.
The SM863 leads all the drives in our test pool up to QD8. The PM863 takes a slight lead at QD16-32. We again see a nice improvement when comparing the PM863 to the 845DC EVO. Micron's M510DC is outmatched by all three of the Samsung SSDs in our test pool. Samsung's SSDs are capable of delivering class leading read performance as these charts again illustrate.
Conclusion: Samsung's PM863 shows us why it is ideal for read-intensive workloads, managing to outperform the SM863 at QD16-32.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for $571 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for £497 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4