8K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe the SM863 achieving a steady state at 5,000 seconds of preconditioning. The PM863 achieves a steady state at about 8,000 seconds of preconditioning.
8K random is a more demanding workload than 4K. As we typically see, performance is half that of 4K. 8K is a common transfer size in a server environment. The M510DC delivers good results, outperforming all but the SM863. Just a quick note on the 480GB M510DC. The 480GB capacity point of the M510DC is by far the best performing capacity point of the series, making it a better comparison than the 960GB M510DC. The PM863 again handily outperforms the 845DC EVO it is replacing.
The SM863 leads all the drives in our test pool up to QD8. The PM863 takes a slight lead at QD16-32. We again see a nice improvement when comparing the PM863 to the 845DC EVO. Micron's M510DC is outmatched by all three of the Samsung SSDs in our test pool. Samsung's SSDs are capable of delivering class leading read performance as these charts again illustrate.
Conclusion: Samsung's PM863 shows us why it is ideal for read-intensive workloads, managing to outperform the SM863 at QD16-32.
PRICING: You can find the Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for $571 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Samsung SM863 960GB Enterprise SSD retails for £497 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei P10 to take the highest pricing in the series
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- How do i brake the boot loop? (no post)
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017