It is no secret that the AMD Athlon 64 platform has been given a huge boost in popularity thanks to the efforts from nVidia with the release of the nForce 4 series chipset, in particular, the nForce4 SLI.
After the acquisition of 3DFX some years ago, nVidia has been able to take advantage of the Scan Line Interleaving technology that made the Voodoo 2 such a popular card, allowing two identical Voodoo 2 video cards to be linked to increase the overall framerate.
Today nVidia has a new form called Scalable Link Interconnect that allows the video cards to be linked together, with the ability to increase the performance up to 40 percent in certain applications and 3D games, the most beneficial results comes from linking the slower GeForce 6600GT video cards, bringing the framerate up to the level of the 6800GT series.
With most hardware vendors now giving up designing their own unique hardware like the good old days of the TNT2 and GeForce video cards and using a more reference design philosophy, it's good to see Gigabyte take a stand and introduce a one of a kind product - 3D1.
3D1 is Gigabyte's answer to SLI on a single card - that's right, SLI with only a single card. How does this work? Come have a look at Gigabyte's premium bundle pack, the K8NXP-SLI/3D1 bundle pack.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand