It is no secret that the AMD Athlon 64 platform has been given a huge boost in popularity thanks to the efforts from nVidia with the release of the nForce 4 series chipset, in particular, the nForce4 SLI.
After the acquisition of 3DFX some years ago, nVidia has been able to take advantage of the Scan Line Interleaving technology that made the Voodoo 2 such a popular card, allowing two identical Voodoo 2 video cards to be linked to increase the overall framerate.
Today nVidia has a new form called Scalable Link Interconnect that allows the video cards to be linked together, with the ability to increase the performance up to 40 percent in certain applications and 3D games, the most beneficial results comes from linking the slower GeForce 6600GT video cards, bringing the framerate up to the level of the 6800GT series.
With most hardware vendors now giving up designing their own unique hardware like the good old days of the TNT2 and GeForce video cards and using a more reference design philosophy, it's good to see Gigabyte take a stand and introduce a one of a kind product - 3D1.
3D1 is Gigabyte's answer to SLI on a single card - that's right, SLI with only a single card. How does this work? Come have a look at Gigabyte's premium bundle pack, the K8NXP-SLI/3D1 bundle pack.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Google Glass updated with additional features
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds pulls in $100 million
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller