In the end, we like this keyboard, and for many reasons. Again we find that every detail is tended to. Top tier components, a 32-bit processor, onboard memory, profiles, Macros, LED modes, and we are just getting started, and all of this is capable without a single line of software code. Our issues with red switches show up where we find ourselves rolling key edges and pressing multiple keys at one, and Cherry MX Reds are not strong enough that a resting hand will not end up registering a key press eventually. There are lots of fans of these switches, however, especially when it comes to gaming keyboards, so we completely get why Zalman went this way.
To be honest, the only thing we can say is a bit of a downer is the learning curve. While most of the commands are pretty straightforward, and the manual does offer a description of what each key does. It does take a bit of time to get used to recording Macros and setting up the KeyLED and Mask modes can be a bit odd at first too. However, the more you play around with things, the better you will get at it, and eventually, we did sort it all out; it just takes a fair bit of time before you can say you are well versed in everything this K700M offers. Once you reach this point, you can fully enjoy what Zalman has presented.
We made mention of the bang for the buck when it comes to the pricing of the ZM-K700M, and even as we conclude things with a much better grasp of how it all works, we feel no different now. You are getting a superb offering in gaming keyboards; the LEDs are bright with tons of modes and custom options, almost too many functions to keep track of, and all without a stitch of space needed on your storage drive to configure or save your work.
At just $139.99 for the Zalman Z-Machine Gaming Gear ZM-K700M Dynamic Mechanical LED keyboard, you will be hard-pressed to find something as functional and feature rich for this price point.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||98%|
|Bundle and Packaging||95%|
|Value for Money||99%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||97%|
The Bottom Line: The price is right, and it is jammed with features and functionality! It requires no software, and is a solid gaming keyboard right out of the box. The naming may be long, but it is worth remembering as this should be considered as your next mechanical keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the Zalman ZM-K700M Dynamic Mechanical LED Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Zalman ZM-K700M Dynamic Mechanical LED Keyboard retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.