I have decided to reduce the CPU VCore to 1.4v applied (I will measure real VCore at the output capacitors), and see how high I can validate. On most boards it's 5.0. I have also decided to add real voltage levels compared to what is set for all motherboards, if they don't have voltage read points I will mark where I read the voltage.
The C7Z170-OCE overclocks better than the C7Z170-SQ because of the LLC and ability to disable idle voltage drop.
On the C7Z170-OCE, I was able to run 4.8GHz with XMP and 4.1GHz cache. The motherboard worked quite well, and if you leave all the c-states enabled and use override voltage mode, it actually will drop the voltage at idle (like adaptive mode).
I have measured VCore LLC on the board at 1.3v, beware that LLC "Enable" means that Supermicro's tweaked standard Intel specification with a droop is enabled, but disabling LLC forced an override and increased the voltage under load. Sometimes that increase is very high, so please use this table. I didn't mind using the LLC enabled since the voltage drop isn't that low, only about 30mv.
Test 1: 4x8GB (16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666Mhz C16
This kit worked flawlessly in two DIMM and four DIMM configurations. I am waiting on a BIOS update for higher speed kits, and when I get it, I will update the review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-OCE Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z170-OCE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z170-OCE Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South