The C7Z170-OCE's BIOS is quite appealing to the eyes; however, navigation could be improved with better keyboard shortcuts. Otherwise, you can use the mouse to reach some menus; mouse movement is fluid.
The BIOS has almost every option you need for basic overclocking, and the only area where it lacks is in fan control regarding settings availability. CPU overclocking is quite easy, and Supermicro has provided both built-in profiles and the ability to save your custom profiles. The BIOS also doesn't reset all settings after a crash, the auto rules are more acceptable than previous boards, and overall it feels more finished than previous Supermicro enthusiast offerings. It does lack the ability to take screenshots, and this is only the first release BIOS for the board, so as time progresses, Supermicro should fix any bugs.
Supermicro does not have a fancy software suite, but perhaps that is a good thing since you will not encounter any issues motherboard software. However, you are limited to fan control in the UEFI, and it is quite basic. There is a software program called SuperDoctor5, which is a manageability program for system monitoring.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-OCE Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z170-OCE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z170-OCE Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel