Installation and Finished Product
Step one in the case of Intel motherboards is to adjust the nuts, so they are inside of the frame of the backplate and send them through the motherboard. Also, note that the bracket is notched to fit one way. You also have the option to peel the paper off of the foam and stick this to the motherboard.
We then take the adapters and screw them into the backplate. It is very easy to see that the threaded holes in these standoffs are much larger than normal because the mounting brackets come with only LGA2011 screws in them; this drastically simplifies the hardware.
Normally when mounting a cooler to an LGA115X motherboard, it seems like the threads on the hardware will never end. Using LGA2011 screws, there are only six or so threads so mounting happens pretty quickly. Even while enclosed upon by the Thermal Armor, that Apogee XL2 looks good.
The hub is simple to set up, and with the color coded caps used and the guide showing what goes where, it couldn't get any easier. As we were about to add in the CPU water block LED lead, we snapped this image with the fans, reservoir LED lead and the PWM connection from the motherboard to the hub.
With plenty of tubing, we had no issues reaching the top of the D-Frame to mount this triple 120mm radiator, and will easily fit into the front without modding as well. Keep in mind, you could add in radiators, you could add in other water blocks, and keep the whole system controlled with the H320 X2 Prestige. Things you cannot do with sealed loop offerings.
Rather than take photos of every color as we found on the packaging, we found what is called Demo mode on the switch. The lighting adjusts in three levels for each color option, which can be seen at once in demo mode. The head unit will match whichever color is used, but in demo mode, it offers a rainbow of colors changing as it runs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Swiftech H320 X2 Prestige CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700X spotted in detail
- NVIDIA's next-gen Volta GPU turns up in latest drivers
- Horizon Zero Dawn is 'best' 4K game on PS4 Pro so far
- Nintendo Switch has 25.9 GB available memory, OS is 4GB
- GDC 2017 tease Ghost Recon Wildlands technology video
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league