Swiftech H320 X2 Prestige CPU Cooler
We will say this. The Apogee XL2 water block is stunning to look at. The top is entirely clear minus the metal plate in the center with the Swiftech logo. We see the block is set up for Intel out of the box, and we get to see those sleek compression fittings used here too. One last feature about this is that under the plate is LED backlighting so that the block will match the reservoir.
A side view of the Apogee XL2 shows its gem-like design and its many facets. The wire you see wrapped around the side terminates with a small 3-pin connection and is meant to be plugged into the PWM hub that also controls the lighting.
The surface of the base is convex, but only slightly, and there is no doubt by looking at the radiator in the reflection that this base is polished as smooth as a baby's bottom.
From the top of the CPU water block is where this tape measure starts, and as we stretched out he clear PVC tubing, we found that Swiftech provides slightly more than 15" of length here. Plenty to reach the top or even the front of the chassis, but be careful about placing it at the bottom as there are some restrictions.
Angled compression fittings are offered for the radiator as well as where the tube attaches to the side of the MCP30 seen here. To power the pump, you plug in the SATA power lead. The 4-pin fan lead is for PWM control of the pump speed, and the smaller 3-pin lead is for the lighting of the reservoir.
From the front of the H320 X2, we can see the tube-style reservoir that is running side to side. The white section is backed with LEDs to surround the reservoir, and light bleeds into the reservoir as well, lighting up this entire area.
For those out there that demand any water cooling be used with push/pull fan setups, you will run into a slight roadblock. The pump and reservoir, being attached to the radiator, does block access to mount two of the fans on this side.
Where the standard versions get the Helix fans, which we have no real issue with, we do get an upgrade with the Prestige model. These are the trio of Noise Blocker NB eLoop fans that come pre-installed to blow down through the radiator. This may go against convention, but it works and offers airflow into the chassis in most installations. Of course, if desired, these fans can easily be flipped over.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Swiftech H320 X2 Prestige CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now