CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 Engineer Edition Mixed CPU/FPU Tests
SPECwpc v2.0 Mixed Tests
AIDA64 Engineer Edition Memory Bandwidth
AIDA64 Engineer Edition Memory Latency
TYAN's S7076 paired with two 14 core/28 threaded Xeons produces excellent multithreaded results in benchmarks such as CINEBENCH and in many of the AIDA64EE and SPECwpc tests where multithreaded performance is valued. However, in some tests where multithreaded capabilities are not significant and where CPU frequency plays a role, we see a that the dual socket Xeon server might not be so much faster than the single socket X99 motherboard. The X99 system has a 5960X that uses the same Haswell microarchitecture as the Xeons but has fewer cores and threads.
The advantage of the 5960X is that it runs almost a 1GHz higher in base speed, and we can see in some of the SPECwpc tests it does very close to the dual Xeon machine and even beats it in one test. Handbrake is interesting because I wasn't able to find a way to get the program to utilize all 56 threads, it would only work on one physical CPU (node) at a time. Add in the faster clock of the 5960X, and even though its 28 threads versus 16 threads, the extra boost in CPU frequency helps close the gap.
Memory bandwidth is much higher on the dual Xeon system, but that is to be expected considering there are two CPUs in quad channel versus a single in quad channel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now