Steven's Motherboard Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: TYAN S7076
- CPU: 2x Intel Xeon Processor E5-2683 v3
- Cooler: Corsair H110i GT - Buy from Amazon
- Memory: Kingston KVR21R15D4/16HA(8x16GB) 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMMs
- Storage - Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - USB Drive: Corsair Voyager GS 64GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 2012 R2
- BIOS: v1.00
- Drivers: Intel INF: 184.108.40.2069, Intel ME: 10.0, Intel USB 3.0 Driver: 220.127.116.11, ASpeed AST1400: 1.01, Intel LAN: 20.3
I am using a lot of consumer parts, such as a huge Corsair case, a Samsung 850 Pro SSD, and a Corsair AX1200i PSU. The server board does work fine with these parts and is fully compatible.
For cooling, I am using a mixture of one air cooler from Dynatron and Corsair's H110i GT with a slim ILM adapter (not sold anywhere as to my knowledge). Make sure that you purchase coolers for the slim ILM, as the square ILM will not work.
Kingston was nice enough to lend us 128GB of DDR4 RDIMMs, and they are entirely compatible with this motherboard. Eight KVR21R15D4/16HA DIMMs worked flawlessly and required no configuration.
This Kingston memory falls into their ValueRAM series and is made up of 2G x 72-bit modules, and runs with a CAS latency of 15. The memory is registered memory, and each module is 2Rx4 and supports ECC. This memory is based on the Hynix A-Die, and while it is not on TYAN's Compatibility list, it is on Kingston's compatibility list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand