Z170N-WIFI has a very basic 3+2 phase (CPU Core +iGPU) voltage regulator, but GIGABYTE also doesn't claim anything more. The VCCSA and VCCIO are derived from a linear regulator. GIGABYTE is utilizing their 10K black custom capacitors to improve aesthetics and durability.
GIGABYTE is using the Intersil ISL95858 3+2 phase hybrid-digital PWM. The first 3 phase rail has two integrated drivers and the second 2 phase rail has a single integrated drivers. To make full use of the PWM, GIGABYTE employees two ISL6625A that have "5AZ" written on them. Each phase for either CPU or iGPU uses one Vishay Siliconix SiRA18DP as the low-side MOSFET and one SiRA12Dp as the high-side MOSFET. While this VRM isn't built for overclocking, GIGABYTE still allows overclocking and even provides LLC.
The VCCSA and VCCIO circuit are located on the left, and the right is the memory VRM powered by a single phase integrated PWM and driver Richtek RT8120D utilizing the same MOSFETs as the CPU VRM.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI (Intel Z170) Mini-ITX Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI (Intel Z170) Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for $145 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFI (Intel Z170) Mini-ITX Motherboard retails for £105 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170N-WIFI Overview]
- Page 3 [GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFICircuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [GIGABYTE Z170N-WIFICircuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX plans first launch since September's explosion
- Final Fantasy XV first impressions
- Watch Dogs 2 updated on the PC, long list of fixes
- Del Toro: F*ck Konami, killing Silent Hills was moronic
- NBA is being aired in 4K in the US this weekend
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset