ASUS Nails the OSD on the ROG Swift PG279Q
The OSD and control system on the original ASUS ROG PG278Q was great, and I'm happy to say that ASUS has continued with the same OSD and joystick/buttons on the new PG279Q.
As soon as you press the Menu button, or press the joystick 'in', you'll be greeted with the main menu. As you can see, the main menu tells you what you need to know up the top: G-Sync is enabled, that DisplayPort is being used, and we have a native resolution of 2560x1440@165Hz. Ohhh yeah.
In the first menu, you can access the overclocking on the PG279Q - allowing you to override the panel's maximum refresh rate of 144Hz right up to 165Hz.
The next menu is 'GameVisual', which allows you to change the color modes through various modes like 'scenery', 'racing', and 'FPS' modes.
Here you can change the blue light filter.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor retails for $799 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor retails for £756 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Test System Configuration]
- Page 4 [On-Screen Display]
- Page 5 [Everyday Use & Gaming]
- Page 6 [Viewing Angles & Glare]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Top Memorial Day laptop deals with 7th Gen Kaby Lake
- New Dragon Age game could be big-budget, not RTS spinoff
- LeEco's crash in the US leaves hundreds unemployed
- Tekken 7 PC requirements revealed
- Huawei announces another low-end phone - the Y6 2017
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017