ASUS Nails the OSD on the ROG Swift PG279Q
The OSD and control system on the original ASUS ROG PG278Q was great, and I'm happy to say that ASUS has continued with the same OSD and joystick/buttons on the new PG279Q.
As soon as you press the Menu button, or press the joystick 'in', you'll be greeted with the main menu. As you can see, the main menu tells you what you need to know up the top: G-Sync is enabled, that DisplayPort is being used, and we have a native resolution of 2560x1440@165Hz. Ohhh yeah.
In the first menu, you can access the overclocking on the PG279Q - allowing you to override the panel's maximum refresh rate of 144Hz right up to 165Hz.
The next menu is 'GameVisual', which allows you to change the color modes through various modes like 'scenery', 'racing', and 'FPS' modes.
Here you can change the blue light filter.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor retails for $799 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor retails for £756 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Test System Configuration]
- Page 4 [On-Screen Display]
- Page 5 [Everyday Use & Gaming]
- Page 6 [Viewing Angles & Glare]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft axes original Forza Horizon from store
- Batman VR is finalised but Rocksteady wants to move on
- Pasadena, California to tax streaming services
- New scoop on latest Destiny DLC 'Days of Iron' amour
- Boost your resume with two in-demand tech certifications
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now