Installation and Finished Product
The first step for Intel installation is to grab the back plate, install the standoffs in the correct location, in this instance LGA115X in the middle, and then use the O-rings to hold them on the back plate.
Once that is completed, you set the plate and standoffs on the back of the motherboard. Orientation is of little concern as all sides are drilled the same to make life simple.
The instructions show that we should have the standoffs in as we do, but they show that the top brackets should be at the top and bottom. We have a couple of issues with that. One is that even without the flames, our memory is too tall, and more importantly, and it won't fit in the thermal armor that way.
The heat sink is slightly shorter than the memory we use; it is just the fan that stands taller. Also, since we have the cooler turned, the overhang affects access to the motherboard screw rather than us having to buy new memory.
Technically, we should see this side of the cooler laid on top of the memory. If you choose or have to install it like this, or even backward, the fan can then cool the power delivery chips on the motherboard.
With a 120mm fan on top, this cooler does have a larger footprint to use to help contain CPU temperatures. It can cause issues such as ours, where the pipes could run into the memory, the overhang may be too low, or a little of both along with a unique motherboard that really throws a wrench into the mix.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [be quiet! Shadow Rock LP CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung to launch Note8 Emperor Edition with 8GB/256GB?
- GTA 6 motion capture possibly underway
- Musk shows The Boring Company's 1st working car elevator
- Toshiba brings 64-layer 3D flash to retail SATA SSDs
- Apple will make its own OLED screens for 2018 iPhones
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- AMD Ryzen 3 1300X and Ryzen 3 1200 CPU Review
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers