Installation and Finished Product
The first step for Intel installation is to grab the back plate, install the standoffs in the correct location, in this instance LGA115X in the middle, and then use the O-rings to hold them on the back plate.
Once that is completed, you set the plate and standoffs on the back of the motherboard. Orientation is of little concern as all sides are drilled the same to make life simple.
The instructions show that we should have the standoffs in as we do, but they show that the top brackets should be at the top and bottom. We have a couple of issues with that. One is that even without the flames, our memory is too tall, and more importantly, and it won't fit in the thermal armor that way.
The heat sink is slightly shorter than the memory we use; it is just the fan that stands taller. Also, since we have the cooler turned, the overhang affects access to the motherboard screw rather than us having to buy new memory.
Technically, we should see this side of the cooler laid on top of the memory. If you choose or have to install it like this, or even backward, the fan can then cool the power delivery chips on the motherboard.
With a 120mm fan on top, this cooler does have a larger footprint to use to help contain CPU temperatures. It can cause issues such as ours, where the pipes could run into the memory, the overhang may be too low, or a little of both along with a unique motherboard that really throws a wrench into the mix.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [be quiet! Shadow Rock LP CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- AMD rumored to launch Vega 10 with HBM2 later this year
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now