CM Storm QuickFire XTi Continued
Moving in closer for special attention to the back side of the keyboard, we first ran across the flip out feet near the back. While they do open to the back and are susceptible to collapse, the ends are rubberized so this QuickFire XTi should stay in place most of the time.
Just above the product sticker, in a deep recess near the back edge, we find the mini-USB port to connect the supplied braided cable to the QuickFire XTi. Having it removable is very handy, especially when it comes to cleaning the keyboard.
We chose to run the braided cable straight out the back of the QuickFire XTi, but plainly visible are the tabs that will lock this cable to either side just as easily.
Just to verify it, we did remove a few key caps and indeed find Cherry MX blue switches used on this keyboard. A single LED allows for all of the color options, and we also see that the torsion bars are enclosed on the larger keys.
As many do, Cooler Master first molds the key caps in an opaque white plastic, so that the LEDs can show through them. After that, each cap is then sprayed with a grip coating that offers us the black finish we find in this design.
One option of course once the keyboard has power, is to start to mess with the lighting. Here we have just the basic red LEDs on, and they are at their brightest setting.
This is a look at the one of the colors offered when mixing the blue LEDs and the red LEDs together. There does not seem to be much real color difference between the 35 colors, it is more intensity, as a lot of the settings are too subtle to pick up on.
We also made sure to stop and get a look at the blue LED option that we see here. On top of just basic colors, you also have modes. There is the solid color, breathing, follow the key press lighting, cross patterns to a press, and with a firmware update, you get the snake game and a rainbow effect using red purple and blue changing as it waves from left to right across the keys.
PRICING: You can find the CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $120 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £108 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse