Streacom F12C HTPC Chassis
The front of the Streacom F12C is a vast expanse of thick black aluminum with a sandblasted texture across the entire panel. There is not a name or a logo at all on the chassis, and the only things to break up the flat panel are the power button and LED at the bottom left, and the IR window at the bottom right.
We are now looking at the top of the F12C. This is well ventilated with three large vented areas that have dust filtration in place and offers magnetic rings around the filter to allow them to be easily removed and cleaned.
The left side of this chassis offers up two locations for ventilation and again have the same filter setup, just smaller this time. As of now, all of these are passive, as the chassis does not include any fans.
Around to the back of the F12C and we find openings only where they are needed. To the left sits the PSU with the motherboard's rear I/O panel in the middle. To the right are the seven expansion slots, but to access the screws, you need to remove the cover that is mounted from inside.
The right side of this chassis is a direct copy of the left side of the chassis. While the front and back panels are mostly solid, with the top and these sides open, there are plenty of ways to provide good cooling without much noise involved.
The floor of the chassis is as thick as all other panels that come together with screws to assemble this F12C. Here we find the panel has been drilled for ventilation, but due to the thickness, we do not see standoffs or other non-essential holes.
We passed right by these thumb screws when we first looked at the back panel. When reading the manual before trying to open the chassis, it shows that by spinning these, the top will start to lift as the threads back out of the top panel and allow it to be removed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Streacom F12C HTPC Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the F12C]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99