Installation and Finished Product
Aside from mounting the radiator and the water block, this is all you need to do otherwise. Grab the two leads, plug in the SATA power on the left side, and be sure to add in the PWM signaling wire if you want these fans not to run at full speed all the time.
Getting here is truly painful. With one hand holding the back plate, balancing the motherboard, we are asked to press down hard to compress the springs enough to start the thumbscrews into the plate. While this took us much longer to accomplish than mounting any other water block, as you can see we did eventually win the battle.
Stepping back to take it all in, as with any custom cooling block or sealed loop head units, they sit low and are clear from contact with anything around them.
The D-Frame does not offer traditional fan mounting, but we did strap it on the top to show just how far away you can get the radiator, and still have gentle bends in the tubing. With over 15" of tubing in this design, mounting in the front of the chassis is no problem either, but EK does not recommend this installs on the floor due to the pump placement in that situation, as it would draw air, not coolant.
PRICING: You can find the EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler retails for $200 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler retails for £169 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [EKWB Predator 240 CPU Liquid Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now