Installation and Finished Product
Aside from mounting the radiator and the water block, this is all you need to do otherwise. Grab the two leads, plug in the SATA power on the left side, and be sure to add in the PWM signaling wire if you want these fans not to run at full speed all the time.
Getting here is truly painful. With one hand holding the back plate, balancing the motherboard, we are asked to press down hard to compress the springs enough to start the thumbscrews into the plate. While this took us much longer to accomplish than mounting any other water block, as you can see we did eventually win the battle.
Stepping back to take it all in, as with any custom cooling block or sealed loop head units, they sit low and are clear from contact with anything around them.
The D-Frame does not offer traditional fan mounting, but we did strap it on the top to show just how far away you can get the radiator, and still have gentle bends in the tubing. With over 15" of tubing in this design, mounting in the front of the chassis is no problem either, but EK does not recommend this installs on the floor due to the pump placement in that situation, as it would draw air, not coolant.
PRICING: You can find the EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler retails for $200 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler retails for £169 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [EKWB Predator 240 CPU Liquid Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited