be quiet! Dark Rock TF CPU Cooler
We are going to call this the front of the cooler, and here we are looking at six black metal caps to cover the tips of the heat pipes, and the thick aluminum cover fin is anodized to match the caps. Don't worry so much about below that, we will get to that in a bit.
Scoping out the Dark Rock TF from this angle, we can see the thicker fin at the end along with an array of fins after it that have spaces kept with tabs bent along the side. As those six pipes curve out of the fins and go through the base, they also come back out and run through the lower dense section of fins flanked on the side with the be quiet! name.
The fins are pressed onto the heat pipes, and the pipes are also nickel plated offering coloring and anti-oxidation benefits, and get much closer to each other as they get closer to the base.
Compared to the other side we just looked at, this view is a mirror image, down to the naming found on the lower section. At this juncture, we may as well mention the very thick rubber strips that isolate the fans, that are pressed into a groove in the fins to make sure they never move.
One look at the top of the Dark Rock TF, and we can see a couple of things worth mentioning. The surface from left to right is concave in the middle allowing the fan a better chance at cooling it. Also, there are deep grooves run along the fins edges also to disturb the airflow and take more advantage of what these fans offer.
While six of the pipes run through the upper section of fins, only four of them are bent and spread apart to run through the lower section. Since this cooler offers push and pull fans, this second smaller radiator can really come into play in aiding the efficiency of the overall design.
For mounting hardware a bit later, each side of the base has a wing added with a pair of holes drilled and threaded to accept screws in the hardware. As for the base, a plastic sticker is offered to keep the clean finish the base had when it left the factory.
We wouldn't say there are visible machining marks, what you are seeing is likely residue from its last cleaning before it left the building. The base is convex, and is near polished, but is not quite reflective.
We will obviously be showing this cooler in later build images, but we wanted to give you a sense of what the Dark Rock TF was all about once the fans are installed. This top flow cooler has plenty to force loads of air through this cooler and onto surrounding components on the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the be quiet! Dark Rock TF CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The be quiet! Dark Rock TF CPU Cooler retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The be quiet! Dark Rock TF CPU Cooler retails for £61 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [be quiet! Dark Rock TF CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club