While EPoX hasn't gone with fancy color schemes, they do have a good deal of experience in motherboard manufacturing and it shows. The layout of peripheral connections and power couplings are easy to work with and offer a minimum of fuss when getting your system set up.
In case you've jumped straight to this page I'll go ahead and mention again that this is a Socket939 motherboard. The socket uses a standard ZIFF style locking mechanism and comes with the mounting bracket as well as the extra support bracket underneath the board. This isn't always a factor, but is a necessary consideration for those looking into alternative cooling methods.
There are a few MOSFETS and capacitors in the immediate vicinity of the socket but I had no problems with coolers. Even when using a Thermaltake POLO735 cooler I had plenty of room with no issues of mounting.
Just to the north of the socket you'll find the memory slots. Since we're talking Athlon-64 in Socket939 packaging, we're talking dual channel memory support. To enable this feature, simply install your two matching RAM modules in the same colored slots and you're set. Nothing easier.
Since we're looking at an nForce3 board, we're talking AGP graphics. The 9NDA3+ has a single AGP port and five PCI ports. Considering that nearly everything is built into this particular board you should find yourself with a huge amount of upgradability and expansion possibilities. You will find no little risers that you'll never use, just standard slots that let you go wild with peripherals.
If you happen to have a VIA based motherboard you will have both a Northbridge and a Southbridge chipset installed on the board. The folks at nVidia, however, have managed to consolidate these two components so you only have a single chipset onboard.
Since it is doing double duty, heat can sometimes be an issue. To handle this concept, active cooling has been included to make sure things run nice and smooth. The cooler in place is a low profile type so won't be a problem for those long PCI cards. It doesn't rise above the level of the port so you should have no problems at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 3 [In The Box]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 5 [The Motherboard Continued]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & SiSoft Sandra]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 04]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 10 [Benchmarks - HD Performance]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 11 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH 2003]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 12 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake III]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 16 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Resident Evil 7 isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is bigger than Skyrim
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni