So, whatever you desire, a more plain design with exposed metals with an option to a black 120mm fan or a gray framed 140mm fan, Enermax has your basic needs covered there in the ETS-40F-TB and -TF respectively. If you want something with a bit more flash and flair, the ETS-T40F-W and -BK coolers are more what you are looking for in this series. Since they both get the TCC treatment, one white, and one black, the choice is pretty easy to make based on your system. On top of all of this, with motherboards excluding Mini-ITX, you have full access to everything around the cooler with room left for the memory and video cards to populate the slots closest to it. And even with the cooler on the motherboard, accessing screws to mount it in the chassis is also easy.
While you look at the charts and feel like these coolers may not perform so hot, but the reality is that we have found many a cooler that cannot keep our 4770K under wraps. Even with a solid overclock applied, the ETS-T40F-W and ETS-T40F-BK are both able to keep our processor in its happy, safe temperature range, with no worries of throttling the CPU. Of course, we tend to gravitate towards the best of the best, or in this instance, the better bang for the buck, we are finding ourselves leaning to the ETS-T40F-W cooler for this.
It offers two fans rather than one; both fans are serious business when it comes to their specifications, and the LED fan effect is something we just really liked seeing. On the flip side of things, where we would usually have one or two comments about the cooler or the way it installs, this time however Enermax hits the nail on the head and could not have made it easier to install. We know it is rare that a company gets all their ducks in the same organized row, but this refresh of the ETS-T40 series of coolers is as on point as a company can get.
The other reason we are leaning to the ETS-T40fit cooler in white is that this is the best bang for the buck out of the two we tested. Sure, the black version will go with more builds, and blue LEDs are classic, and we do admit we liked the curved pattern displayed there too. But looking at it strictly based on the fact that we can get any of the four versions at just $44.99, why not go for the one that performs the best out of the bunch, and in our opinion delivers the best aesthetic appeal to a system.
The thing is, though, the choice is up to you as to what fan and cooler style fits your needs the most. Outside of just a few select other coolers that come in at a slightly better price point, you will be hard-pressed to find this level of style and performance in any other cooler in this price range. It is a perfect stock replacement cooler for beginners who still have style, and when it comes to eventually overclocking, these coolers still have a lot to give and will do just fine under either condition.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||93%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||94%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: While the Enermax ETS-T40Fit coolers aren't topping the performance charts, they bring options, style, and flair to air cooling. At less than $50, these coolers fits the needs of the masses and is well worth the investment.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Cooler retails for $46 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax ETS-T40F-BK & ETS-T40F-W CPU Coolers]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives