ID-Cooling IS-VC45 CPU Cooler
Looking at one end of the IS-VC45, we find ourselves looking into the flat sides of the fins. We also notice the outer fins are shorter than the bulk of them to allow room for the mounting hardware. The other end of the cooler is identical to this; the only change is that the ID-Cooling logo is reversed on the other side.
The same goes for the sides of the cooler, but this time everything is identical. The fins are soldered to the transfer plate at the bottom and are equally spaced across the full cooler. In total, fifty fins are standing up across the IS-VC45.
As we peer down at the top of the IS-VC45, we see the surface is flat across all of the fins. We also see they have tabs to support each fin and those tabs are then covered with a thin layer of foam to keep the fan frame from chattering against the fins.
One look under the cooler and is does not take a genius to see the rather large Vapor Chamber included in this design. At the top is what is left of the filler port of the chamber, and over the base we see a warning stick that is used to protect the surface of the base.
With the sticker now out of the way and the fan used as a reference, it is easy to see how finely polished this base is. It is also slightly convex in the center, and not exactly perfect as we can see a couple of distortions in the fans sticker.
We went ahead and grabbed the wire fan clips and strapped this 92mm fan to the top of the IS-VC45 so we could get a look at everything together. Also, the included fan is powered with a 4-pin PWM connection.
PRICING: You can find the ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler retails for $65 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID-Cooling IS-VC45 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5G spec: 20Gbps down, 1 million devices per square km
- SpeedTree 8 to be shown at GDC 2017 on Amazon Lumberyard
- Oculus Rift, Gear VR could be ripped off the market soon
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications