ID-Cooling IS-VC45 CPU Cooler
Looking at one end of the IS-VC45, we find ourselves looking into the flat sides of the fins. We also notice the outer fins are shorter than the bulk of them to allow room for the mounting hardware. The other end of the cooler is identical to this; the only change is that the ID-Cooling logo is reversed on the other side.
The same goes for the sides of the cooler, but this time everything is identical. The fins are soldered to the transfer plate at the bottom and are equally spaced across the full cooler. In total, fifty fins are standing up across the IS-VC45.
As we peer down at the top of the IS-VC45, we see the surface is flat across all of the fins. We also see they have tabs to support each fin and those tabs are then covered with a thin layer of foam to keep the fan frame from chattering against the fins.
One look under the cooler and is does not take a genius to see the rather large Vapor Chamber included in this design. At the top is what is left of the filler port of the chamber, and over the base we see a warning stick that is used to protect the surface of the base.
With the sticker now out of the way and the fan used as a reference, it is easy to see how finely polished this base is. It is also slightly convex in the center, and not exactly perfect as we can see a couple of distortions in the fans sticker.
We went ahead and grabbed the wire fan clips and strapped this 92mm fan to the top of the IS-VC45 so we could get a look at everything together. Also, the included fan is powered with a 4-pin PWM connection.
PRICING: You can find the ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler retails for $65 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID-Cooling IS-VC45 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017