Quake 3 Arena
Version and / or Patch Used: Point Release v1.17
Timedemo or Level Used: Timedemo 1
Developer Homepage: http://www.idsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quake/quake3-arena/
Quake 3 Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a wide range of different products. Quake 3 Arena is getting very old, but is still one of the best ways of testing video and PC systems for any instability and best performance hence the reason we are still using it today.
At 1024 X 768 you can see we have really hit a bit of a brick wall with Quake 3 with an average of over 500 FPS.
When we move to 1600 X 1200 while all the frame rates are extremely playable you do see the cards get separated with the 6800 Ultra in front, X850XT and X800XL following and the 6600GT down the end.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 2 [GeCube Radeon X800XL]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 3 [GeCube Radeon X850XT]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & 3DMark2001 SE]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- GeCube X800XL & X850XT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC brings 30 companies together for VR, has $10 billion to spend
- Nintendo is officially researching VR
- Nintendo focusing on 'greatness of games' over hardware performance
- 'Tetris' movie becomes a trilogy, we don't know why
- Twitter hires ex-Apple UI designer to lead its VR and AR division
- USB speed differences between various motherboards and BIOSses
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities