Cryorig M9i CPU Cooler
The 92mm fan chosen offers seven wide blades that cover the fin array pretty well. We cannot see much else, but below the cooler we can see the base with the hardware already installed, and the pipes arcing out of it.
From the side, we can see that at the bottom of the M9i the pipes come from the base and run in line, straight through the staggered array of aluminum fins. Cryorig also uses wire fan clips in this design and are bent in the middle to allow for an easy grip to remove it.
Looking at the back of the cooler is when we first noticed the fin design and the way the center is highest, and either side offers two secondary steps back from the fan, or potentially, the second fan in this instance.
The right side of the cooler offers nothing we did not see on the other side, so at this point we would address the top of the cooler, where a thick black cap has been added to the stack to dress things up.
We also removed the fan from the cooler and found that the front edges of the fins are identical. So not only do they have fins that are offset front to back from each other, but the edges also allow the fan to build some pressure before the flow hits these fins.
The top of the cooler is black as there is a metal cap added to eliminate the exposed pipes from view. The Cryorig name is in the middle, and while there are three wings on either side, the center one is that way to allow the pipes to fit underneath.
At the opposite end of the cooler, before we start looking under this, we stopped and took the time to get an image of the small pre-cooler that has been designed into the top section of the base assembly. While these do not make a huge difference, a degree or two is likely very appreciated in such a small cooler.
We mentioned earlier that screws are pre-installed in the wings of the top base section, but there are threads there, so be sure to allow the screws to go all the way in for easy mounting. The base of the cooler is protected with this layer of plastic, which keeps air off the metal to prevent oxidation.
The base is only just slightly convex in the center, and is machined finely, but not polished. Polished or not, this is better than a lot of coolers we test, and they all seem to do just fine.
PRICING: You can find the Cryorig M9i CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Cryorig M9i CPU Cooler retails for $26 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cryorig M9i CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XIV free trial now has unlimited time
- SpaceX to launch first-ever used rocket to space
- Gamestop: we'll be chasing Switch supply this whole year
- Samsung store catches fire ahead of the Galaxy S8 launch
- Nintendo Switch cartridge advantage killed by Lego game
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design