The Maximus VIII Impact has two BIOS modes, but the advanced mode is the default BIOS to come up. While the Maximus VIII Impact is a much smaller motherboard, it doesn't lack in any of the extreme overclocking settings. The motherboard is built and ready for liquid nitrogen extreme overclocking and competes directly with the Maximus VIII Extreme. Since the motherboard only has two DIMMs, it should be able to overclock memory well.
The large amounts of memory overclocking profiles present on the Maximus VIII Extreme are also present on the Maximus VIII Impact, and they work quite well. Fan control is extensive, and the BIOS provides fan control over the two onboard headers and the three on the extension card. There is a GUI for fan control as well as more manual insertion without a GUI. Overall the BIOS was just as good as that on the Maximus VIII Extreme.
ASUS has many pieces of software for the Maximus VIII Impact. The Dual Intelligent Processors 5 provides a slew of built-in programs like TPU, EPU, and FanXpert3. There are also other programs such as GameFirst III, Keybot II, and RAMdisk. The DIP5 program contains many programs including tuning and auto overclocking.
Fan Xpert 3 is quite useful and has a nice GUI. The DIP5 software includes; TPU, Turbo App, EPU, Fan Xpert 3, DIGI+ Power Control, PC Cleaner, Ai Charger+, USB 3.1 Boost, EZ Update, System Information, Mobo Connect, USB BIOS Flashback, Wi-Fi Engine, Push Notice, and Version.
ASUS has their CPU-Z skin and MemTweakIt with ROG styling. ASUS's TurboV Core is very useful for quick in-Windows overclocking. Sonic Studio II is also a feature of the ROG series, providing useful audio effects.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Impact Mini-ITX (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Maximus VIII Impact Overview]
- Page 3 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASUS Maximus VIII Impact Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 'Doctor Strange' trailer spends time with villain
- AMD brings Polaris to embedded, the last frontier
- Here are some facts about Google for their 18th birthday
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now