Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging for the MBP houses an image of the DAS on the front. Capacity is listed at the top right, while the Thunderbolt and USB logos are in the lower left.
The back of the box goes into further detail about the performance of the My Book Pro along a few marketing quotes.
Inside the box, the My Book Pro is packed quite well. Similar to the way we find NAS appliances the DAS is surrounded by foam while all the accessories are boxed separately.
Cables included with the My Book Pro are a USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt with the external power supply.
In our first look at the My Book Pro, we noticed its two-tone design. The front is a glossy piano black while the shell takes on a silver color. Two USB 3.0 ports flank the left side of the enclosure while the two drive bays sit to the right.
The backside of the enclosure houses a large cooling fan for the WD Black HDDs with connectivity to the right.
Inside the My Book Pro, our sample housed two 6TB WD Black hard drives, carrying the model number WD6001FZWX.
PRICING: You can find the WD My Book Pro 12TB Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Unit for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The WD My Book Pro 12TB Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Unit retails for $900 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The WD My Book Pro 12TB Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Unit retails for £835 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4