RAID Performance with ATTO
To start off with our testing of the Areca 1883i, we loaded up the RAID card with eight Seagate Enterprise Capacity v4 12 Gb/s SAS hard drives.
In the chart above, we have our results for RAID 0 starting with two drives all the way up to eight drives. Two drives were able to reach 425 MB/s read and 440 MB/s write. Moving to four drives, we peaked at 820 MB/s read and 850 MB/s write, and lastly eight drives topped out around 1700 MB/s read and 1800 MB/s write.
Swapping over to RAID 5 and 6 with both four and eight drives, we start with our results of the four drives RAID 5 array that ended up topping out at 600 MB/s read and 650 MB/s write. Adding four more drives allowed around 1400 MB/s read and 1400 MB/s write.
Moving over to RAID 6 results start with our four drive array at 400 MB/s read and 400 MB/s write again adding four more drives to our RAID 6 this array topped 1200 MB/s read and write.
Taking things to the next level with the 1883i, we built three more arrays for testing. These include a four drive RAID 10 along with an eight-drive RAID 50 and RAID 60 array.
Starting with the RAID 10 results came in at a touch under 600 MB/s read and a touch over 400 MB/s write. Over to RAID 50, results topped 1200 MB/s read and write, while our RAID 60 hovered around 800 MB/s read and 400 MB/s write.
PRICING: You can find the Areca Technology ARC-1883i Eight-Port 12Gb/s SAS RAID Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Areca 1883i RAID Adapter]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch is actually pretty small
- Samsung Pearl Black S7 edge comes with more storage
- 'Spider-Man' comes home in first trailer
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T