Pegasus2 R2+ Pod Testing
To begin our testing of the Pegasus2 R2+, we gave the SD pod a run through with our UHS-II SanDisk Extreme Pro. Quite surprisingly, we quickly figured out the pod was capable of UHS-II performance as our card reached 223 MB/s read and 131 MB/s write.
Swapping the SD pod for the SSD pod, we installed our 480GB Intel 730 SSD and gave it a run through DST. As you can see, we reached solid results of 465 MB/s read and 366 MB/s write.
Benchmarks - Black Magic Disk Speed Test
Moving over to our array, we start off with RAID 0, where we find the R2+ pushing 361 MB/s read and 350 MB/s write - quicker than the original Thunderbolt MyBook from WD and right with the 2Big from LaCie.
Moving over to RAID 1, we start off with read results coming in at 188 MB/s followed by write at 185 MB/s. Our RAID 0 testing put the R2+ ahead of the WD by a fair margin while the LaCie was a touch quicker.
PRICING: You can find the Promise Pegasus2 R2+ Thunderbolt 2 RAID 6TB Storage Unit for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017