While there is nothing "wrong" with this design, and to be honest, at this price range we cannot expect miracles, but it seems like the cases that come out of Xigmatek are sort of stuck in the past. Don't get us wrong, Xigmatek has made improvements over the years, but we don't feel they are keeping up with the Jones' if you will. For just a tad bit more money, you can step into some sleek designs full of options, where this is almost as basic as basic gets. There is no real styling to offer in this design, just flat, some side vents, and bums on the doors, that's it.
On the flip side of that coin, many companies consider cases like these their bread and butter, as many out there like three things in cases. Super low cost, simple looks to be able to go anywhere, and to have all of the essentials to build systems in them. In that respect, this chassis hits on all points. Is it a case that will grow with your needs or keep your gear as cold as possible, but it would take some modding and many additional purchases to achieve. With the idea that they are offering as much as they can in case design for the least amount possible to buy a mid-tower and compete in this market we completely get the idea going on here, but consider us spoiled, we want more.
This does take us back to where we started, though, and to be honest, we spent much more money on a chassis not as well equipped as this back in our day. Yes, the case was basic, but it held all the gear we needed and got the job done without breaking our budget. So while spoiled, we are not lost on those looking at cases like these, and if you have a spare $32 in your budget for the chassis left, there is an answer, and Xigmatek is ready to take your money with the Soundwave-A Advance mid-tower chassis.
At this price, you really cannot go wrong knowing what you are up against in a chassis such as this.
Chad's Chassis Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: x (buy from Amazon)
- CPU: x (buy from Amazon)
- Cooler: x (buy from Amazon)
- Memory: x (buy from Amazon)
- Video Card: x (buy from Amazon)
- Storage: x (buy from Amazon)
- Power Supply: x (buy from Amazon)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (buy from Amazon)
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||89%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||99%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||91%|
The Bottom Line: Xigmatek's Soundwave-A is one of the most budget friendly solutions to cross our desk! While externally more plain, inside the layout is sufficient and the features offered for $32 makes this case a system builders dream.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Xigmatek Soundwave-A Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Soundwave-A]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Third 'Cloverfield' film revealed & delayed by 8 months
- John Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, dies
- AMD reboots its drivers with Crimson ReLive Edition
- Faraday Future car will have cameras instead of mirrors
- SpaceX's December launch postponed until early January
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD
- Jonsbo announces QT03A and VR2 cases, and FR-101 fan series
- Cooler Master announces the MasterCase Maker 5T
- be quiet! announces the Dark Base Pro 900 case with tempered glass window side panel