Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION Circuit Analysis Continued
An ASMedia ASM1142 provides the two USB 3.1 Type-A ports. There are no type-C ports, so I didn't find a type-C USB switch chip. MSI is using the Intel i219v for the 1Gbit NIC.
An ASMedia ASM1061 SATA6Gb/s controller is used for extra SATA6Gb/s. Two Winbond 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROMs are used, and they get their own switch. MSI also has a USB stick recovery method for flashing either BIOS ROM if they both fail.
MSI's Realtek ALC1150 audio solution consists of nine Nippon Chemicon gold series electrolytic audio capacitors, two Texas Instruments/BurrBrown OP1652 audio amplifiers, and an isolated PCB section. There are 13 red LEDs on the back of the motherboard that illuminate the PCB divide.
I found a total of four ASMedia ASM1464 USB 3.0 re-drivers for the internal header and the top two USB 3.0 ports on the backpanel. There are many Pericom PCI-E 3.0 quick switches, the PI3PCIE3415. This single switch handles the topmost M.2 port's SATA/PCI-E bandwidth.
There are eight PCI-E quick switches on the left. Six are for the CPU's PCI-E lanes and two switch bandwidth from the bottommost PCI-E 16x lane and the three PCI-E 1x ports. A single remaining quick switch moves two PCI-E/SATA lanes from the SATA ports to the bottom M.2 slot.
A nuvoTon NCT6793D is the main SuperIO on the motherboard. It helps with fan control, voltage monitoring, and other system features like the PS/2 port on the IO panel. Two NXP level shifters provide the two HDMI ports on the IO panel.
There are two nuvoTon NCT5605Y on the motherboard. They act as separate embedded controllers providing extra overclocking features like the GAMING BOOST knob and extra fan control.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ED Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ED Motherboard retails for $300 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ED Motherboard retails for £233 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170A XPOWER GTE Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z170A XPOWER GTE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- Resident Evil 7's campaign takes 14-16 hours to beat
- Worms WMD is getting an update on December 7
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair