G.SKILL Unified Driver System Software
After getting another set of drivers and software for the keyboard, these "unified" drivers do not unify between devices, you need to run two instances. After the load and firmware check, we are given the window we see now. In this window, you select a profile you want to remap, and then select a key and choose from the preset options of controls.
Moving from Customize to the Settings, here we can adjust the polling rate, change the rollover support, and pick the alert mode and set the time for the alarm. To the right it allows you to set a repeat rate to individual keys, and you can even put the keyboard to sleep after a set duration of inactivity.
Moving to the Lighting offers us options to pick. Starting with the background lighting, this is where you can choose to set all of the LEDs to the same color by selecting one of the twenty-four preset selections at the bottom.
Effect lighting is where you can set reactive lighting, a wave of lighting, breathing mode and so on. As we had to with the mouse, you have to create a profile like we did to choose so that you can continue with programming the colors to it.
The macro menu is thorough, and while you can import, export, write new, and edit all of you work right here in this window, if you want to spam the key or set a repeat rate for it, you need to go back a couple of windows and adjust the individual keys setting there once the macro is applied to said key.
In the Lighting Profiles, this is where the lighting starts. Click on whatever style of lighting you want on the left, then click on the plus in the middle and create a name for it. Once that is done, you can tinker with what lights do what in the other lighting section. Also always remember when finished tinkering with anything, that you save everything to the device, once closed, this software will hold none of the changes.
PRICING: You can find the G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $164 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives