G.SKILL Unified Driver System Software
After getting another set of drivers and software for the keyboard, these "unified" drivers do not unify between devices, you need to run two instances. After the load and firmware check, we are given the window we see now. In this window, you select a profile you want to remap, and then select a key and choose from the preset options of controls.
Moving from Customize to the Settings, here we can adjust the polling rate, change the rollover support, and pick the alert mode and set the time for the alarm. To the right it allows you to set a repeat rate to individual keys, and you can even put the keyboard to sleep after a set duration of inactivity.
Moving to the Lighting offers us options to pick. Starting with the background lighting, this is where you can choose to set all of the LEDs to the same color by selecting one of the twenty-four preset selections at the bottom.
Effect lighting is where you can set reactive lighting, a wave of lighting, breathing mode and so on. As we had to with the mouse, you have to create a profile like we did to choose so that you can continue with programming the colors to it.
The macro menu is thorough, and while you can import, export, write new, and edit all of you work right here in this window, if you want to spam the key or set a repeat rate for it, you need to go back a couple of windows and adjust the individual keys setting there once the macro is applied to said key.
In the Lighting Profiles, this is where the lighting starts. Click on whatever style of lighting you want on the left, then click on the plus in the middle and create a name for it. Once that is done, you can tinker with what lights do what in the other lighting section. Also always remember when finished tinkering with anything, that you save everything to the device, once closed, this software will hold none of the changes.
PRICING: You can find the G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $164 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti teased for January 2017
- Windows 10 is now on over 400 million devices
- Final 'Fantastic Beasts' trailer brings back the magic
- Disney remaking 'The Lion King' in new CG hybrid feature
- Pre-order Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess figures now
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now