Ripjaws KM780 RGB Continued
You can gain almost a half of an inch of rise by extending the feet at the back edge of the KN780 RGB. They do not lock strongly and could collapse in heavy gaming sessions, but work as well as any other feet that flip out as these are oriented.
The cable from this keyboard is super thick but is sleeved with cloth braid. The total length is slightly over 1.8 meters, and just more than three-quarters of the way down, the fat cable breaks down into gold plated connections for USB and 3.5mm jacks for audio.
G.SKILL hides a screw again and without trashing the logo on the top, you cannot peel this keyboard apart. That being said we move right along to the switches. Yes, they are browns, but realize the housing is clear, and there are no fat LEDs found behind them as we usually see.
The caps are molded white and like many others offer a painted coating leaving the legends blank to allow the LED to pass through them.
Since we were messing around with the caps, we went ahead and swapped out for both the FPS and MOBA caps at one time. This shows their bold contrast as well as the angles provided to keep you "seated" ion the right keys.
Stepping back a bit, we went ahead and snapped in the wrist rest to have a look at how nicely it blends into the front of the KM780 RGB. We also removed the accessory caps and stuck the case to the rail in the back.
Upon the initial boot up of the KM780 without software, you are offered red LEDs across the board. While the bulk of the keys can be changed to whatever you want, the top row of Profile and Macro buttons will remain red all the time.
As an example of this keyboards lighting potential, we put it into a mode where it displays all the colors it can in a wave across the keys. Of course you can also set this up to whatever color scheme you want, one solid color, groups of keys in a color, or even set every key to its own color.
PRICING: You can find the G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $164 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 has 21 million users, eSports mode coming
- Capcom misses sales targets for its major games
- Accept your Fate in our 'Fast & Furious' giveaway
- Battlegrounds creator doesn't consider himself a gamer
- EA: AR is 'more interesting', VR isn't ready just yet
- Logitech MK850 Performance Mouse & Keyboard Combo Review
- FSP Windale 6 CPU Cooler Review
- Fnatic Gear RUSH G1 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Asrock A88M-G/3.1 + A10-7860K = freezes in the idle state
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 3G: Mid-Range On The Cheap
- Toshiba introduces TR200 SATA retail SSD series with 64-layer 3D flash memory
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers