Ripjaws KM780 RGB Continued
You can gain almost a half of an inch of rise by extending the feet at the back edge of the KN780 RGB. They do not lock strongly and could collapse in heavy gaming sessions, but work as well as any other feet that flip out as these are oriented.
The cable from this keyboard is super thick but is sleeved with cloth braid. The total length is slightly over 1.8 meters, and just more than three-quarters of the way down, the fat cable breaks down into gold plated connections for USB and 3.5mm jacks for audio.
G.SKILL hides a screw again and without trashing the logo on the top, you cannot peel this keyboard apart. That being said we move right along to the switches. Yes, they are browns, but realize the housing is clear, and there are no fat LEDs found behind them as we usually see.
The caps are molded white and like many others offer a painted coating leaving the legends blank to allow the LED to pass through them.
Since we were messing around with the caps, we went ahead and swapped out for both the FPS and MOBA caps at one time. This shows their bold contrast as well as the angles provided to keep you "seated" ion the right keys.
Stepping back a bit, we went ahead and snapped in the wrist rest to have a look at how nicely it blends into the front of the KM780 RGB. We also removed the accessory caps and stuck the case to the rail in the back.
Upon the initial boot up of the KM780 without software, you are offered red LEDs across the board. While the bulk of the keys can be changed to whatever you want, the top row of Profile and Macro buttons will remain red all the time.
As an example of this keyboards lighting potential, we put it into a mode where it displays all the colors it can in a wave across the keys. Of course you can also set this up to whatever color scheme you want, one solid color, groups of keys in a color, or even set every key to its own color.
PRICING: You can find the G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $164 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited