Ripjaws KM780 RGB Continued
You can gain almost a half of an inch of rise by extending the feet at the back edge of the KN780 RGB. They do not lock strongly and could collapse in heavy gaming sessions, but work as well as any other feet that flip out as these are oriented.
The cable from this keyboard is super thick but is sleeved with cloth braid. The total length is slightly over 1.8 meters, and just more than three-quarters of the way down, the fat cable breaks down into gold plated connections for USB and 3.5mm jacks for audio.
G.SKILL hides a screw again and without trashing the logo on the top, you cannot peel this keyboard apart. That being said we move right along to the switches. Yes, they are browns, but realize the housing is clear, and there are no fat LEDs found behind them as we usually see.
The caps are molded white and like many others offer a painted coating leaving the legends blank to allow the LED to pass through them.
Since we were messing around with the caps, we went ahead and swapped out for both the FPS and MOBA caps at one time. This shows their bold contrast as well as the angles provided to keep you "seated" ion the right keys.
Stepping back a bit, we went ahead and snapped in the wrist rest to have a look at how nicely it blends into the front of the KM780 RGB. We also removed the accessory caps and stuck the case to the rail in the back.
Upon the initial boot up of the KM780 without software, you are offered red LEDs across the board. While the bulk of the keys can be changed to whatever you want, the top row of Profile and Macro buttons will remain red all the time.
As an example of this keyboards lighting potential, we put it into a mode where it displays all the colors it can in a wave across the keys. Of course you can also set this up to whatever color scheme you want, one solid color, groups of keys in a color, or even set every key to its own color.
PRICING: You can find the G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $164 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017