Thermaltake Core P5 Open Air Chassis
Above is what you find in the middle of the foam packing, the base of the Core P5 chassis. This bit is tall and thin, flat across the front, offering only the I/O panel and the Tt logo and naming near the bottom. There is also three of the six thumbscrews visible at the right to allow the removal of the back panel.
In that I/O panel, we are given a PC power LED and the HDD activity LEDs above the power button. We then run into a pair of USB 3.0 ports, then a pair of USB 2.0 ports, and we see the HD Audio jacks before we get to the reset button.
Above is the motherboard tray, which is the left side of the main section. Here we find all the usual suspects like grommets and access holes, but there are also plenty of tie points and a lot of holes to be filled with various brackets and doodads as we assemble the P5 a bit later. The right side is entirely designed to support radiators, reservoirs and pumps, and it allows air to flow through the cabinet.
The back is a flat expanse of steel, so we moved right along to the right side of the main section. We see venting at the left for the optional cooling area, and in the middle we see holes for VESA mounting. If desired, the Core P5 can hang from the wall rather than taking up valuable desk space.
We removed the thumbscrews and found the panel has to slide to the back before it can be removed. And once gone, we can see two boxes of goodies at the bottom, just below and to the right of the VESA mounting plate.
At the top right corner of the main section, we find three drive trays for both 3.5" and 2.5" drives. Each tray is removable from the steel plate with just a single thumbscrew at the top holding them in place. Also, if you do not wish to use this in any fashion, the plate is removable and does ease wire management.
The VESA mounting plate is very solid and gets large diameter screws to attach it to the motherboard tray so it should never become lose and will keep the chassis hung on the wall. Keep in mind, to use this option, you will have to locate and purchase the mount, it does not come with the Core P5.
The last thing we will touch on at this point is the chassis wiring. It is routed across the top for shipping, but there are plenty of these black leads to get to the bottom of the chassis as well, and being black they will blend into the build.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake Core P5 Open Air Chassis]
- Page 4 [Accessories & Documentation]
- Page 5 [Case Build & Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Case Build & Finished Product Continued]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft admits PCs have 'eclipsed' consoles
- Civilization VI and Deluxe pre-order deals now available
- Spotify in 'advanced talks' to buy SoundCloud
- Hardware Deals: i5-6600K nears $200, GTX 1070 under $350
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti has no PCIe power connector
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now