8K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady state at 3200 seconds of preconditioning.
8K random is a more demanding workload than 4K. The DC P3608 in RAID mode is exceeding Intel's 8K random write 60,000 IOPS specification across the board. At QD256, the DC P3608 is delivering 45% more performance than the XS1715. The XS1715 gets hammered particularly hard, and its 8K random write performance decreases as the queue depth increases. In non-RAID mode, a single 800GB volume on the DC P3608 is performing at about 50% of the RAID 0 volume.
Intel specs the DC P3608 as capable of up to 500,000 8K random read IOPS. We hit 497,000 with our system configuration. The XS1715 is delivering slightly better performance than the DC P3608 at QD8-QD32. From QD32-256, the DC P3608 in RAID mode takes charge. At QD256, the DC P3608 is pushing out over 100,000 more IOPS than the XS1715.
Conclusion: The DC P3608 in RAID mode delivers higher 8K random performance than Samsung's XS1715.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup