8K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady state at 3200 seconds of preconditioning.
8K random is a more demanding workload than 4K. The DC P3608 in RAID mode is exceeding Intel's 8K random write 60,000 IOPS specification across the board. At QD256, the DC P3608 is delivering 45% more performance than the XS1715. The XS1715 gets hammered particularly hard, and its 8K random write performance decreases as the queue depth increases. In non-RAID mode, a single 800GB volume on the DC P3608 is performing at about 50% of the RAID 0 volume.
Intel specs the DC P3608 as capable of up to 500,000 8K random read IOPS. We hit 497,000 with our system configuration. The XS1715 is delivering slightly better performance than the DC P3608 at QD8-QD32. From QD32-256, the DC P3608 in RAID mode takes charge. At QD256, the DC P3608 is pushing out over 100,000 more IOPS than the XS1715.
Conclusion: The DC P3608 in RAID mode delivers higher 8K random performance than Samsung's XS1715.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now