4K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady state achieved at 3,000 seconds of preconditioning.
With our configuration, we exceeded Intel's 4K random write specification of 150,000 IOPS. At QD64, we hit the specified 150,000 IOPS. We saw the highest performance at QD128. At QD256, the DC P3608 is delivering 156,000 IOPS. As a separate (one of two) 800GB non-RAID volume, the DC P3608 is generating 79,000 4K Random Write IOPS @ QD256. The DC P3608 easily outperforms the Samsung XS1715 in RAID mode.
4K random read performance of the competing drives are much closer to one another than 4K random write. The Samsung XS1715 displays better random read performance from QD8-QD64. At QD128, the DC P3608 takes a small lead over the XS1715. At QD256, the DC P3608 generates 857,000 IOPS, exceeding specification and delivering 105,000 IOPS more than the Samsung XS1715.
Conclusion: The DC P3608 in RAID mode delivers higher 4K random performance than Samsung's XS1715.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives