4K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady state achieved at 3,000 seconds of preconditioning.
With our configuration, we exceeded Intel's 4K random write specification of 150,000 IOPS. At QD64, we hit the specified 150,000 IOPS. We saw the highest performance at QD128. At QD256, the DC P3608 is delivering 156,000 IOPS. As a separate (one of two) 800GB non-RAID volume, the DC P3608 is generating 79,000 4K Random Write IOPS @ QD256. The DC P3608 easily outperforms the Samsung XS1715 in RAID mode.
4K random read performance of the competing drives are much closer to one another than 4K random write. The Samsung XS1715 displays better random read performance from QD8-QD64. At QD128, the DC P3608 takes a small lead over the XS1715. At QD256, the DC P3608 generates 857,000 IOPS, exceeding specification and delivering 105,000 IOPS more than the Samsung XS1715.
Conclusion: The DC P3608 in RAID mode delivers higher 4K random performance than Samsung's XS1715.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook pays up to $3 million per ep for original shows
- Intel's next-gen 6C/12T: competes with AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
- Microsoft sees 32TB of unreleased Windows builds leaked
- SpaceX successfully lands second Falcon 9 in 48 hours
- Nintendo expected to double current fiscal year profits
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller