Inside the Lobera Spectrum
As we dig deeper into the Lobera Spectrum, we find Kailh brown switches under every key, and exposed torsion bars under the larger keys. Each switch has a milky looking LED, and these are full RGB LEDs.
The caps themselves are textured to offer a bit of a grip to the fingertips, but the painted coating may wear down or flake off over time.
Breaking things down a bit, we can see the lower section of the frame and its ridges that support the steel plate, and even the LED strips on either side. As to the top, there isn't much to it other than covering the gaps between the key groups.
The NXP LPC11U3x chip is a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 based MCU. The use of this chip is how the Lobera can offer the level of software and functionality delivered in this keyboard.
In control of the pass-through USB ports, Tesoro went with the Genesys Logics GL850G USB 2.0 STT hub controller.
Picking a random location to look at for the cleanliness of the work done, we look at the MB1504 PLL frequency synthesizer chip. There are no remnants of flux or any evidence other than the QC marker scribbled on the PCB as anything out of the ordinary.
When we look at the software, we can get into more detail on the lighting effects. For now, here is the Lobera Spectrum in its default light blue that it boots any of the profiles as by default.
There is also a rainbow effect that can be used, where it will even move to the right if you so choose to use it that way. Again, we are only touching on the basics here.
There is also a pre-set for gamers. This way you do not illuminate the entire keyboard, just those that are important for mobility and weapons selection. The rest are turned off in this mode.
PRICING: You can find the Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB retails for $130 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB retails for £93 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tesoro Lobera Spectrum Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Tesoro Lobera Spectrum Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- GabeN admits Steam support needs more work
- First all-electric car ever to complete the Dakar rally
- LG announces X300, an entry-level smartphone
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup