When it comes to the software, things are a bit more advanced with the Scroll Alpha. With an all new look, this software opens to this. To the left are the five profile options to pick from, and the light effects window is open next to it. There you can turn the LEDs off and on, or set them as solid of in breathing mode. To the right are the default button assignments open now as well.
Picking a button to reassign, we see it turns red on the mouse to visually indicate you are on the right button. Then to change it, you select from the dropdown of many options, and just as an example, we opened the multimedia menu of presets to choose to use.
At the top right, in the bar of tabs, we moved now into the sensitivity settings. There you can open X and Y axis controls, and is also where you can move the sliders to set the six DPI levels to something more comfortable for you to use.
This time we clicked on the system settings tab at the top. There we see that you have access to change the double click speed and pointer speed, and enhanced pointer precision, which is essentially angle snapping. The lower section allows you to mess with the tile wheel speed, as well as the amount of lines jumped with the scroll wheel.
The advanced settings tab allows you to change the polling rate, the On-To-Go Speed (which we can find no definitive answer as to what that does), and there is even a reset button to set the entire profile back to default.
We almost forgot, but we recalled seeing the Macro option when reassigning buttons and got back to that. When that is chosen, a large window shows up over the middle and offers Macro options. The left column will have the name of the macro, the next column then displays the commands of said macro. At the right, you can start and stop the recording, select to use delays, and it offers a loop option as well. At the bottom, you can even save and load profiles that are stored elsewhere on the PC.
PRICING: You can find the Etekcity Scroll Alpha High Precision Laser Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni