Starting off with the Commander Gaming Gear Keyboard, we find that we are growing fond of the plunger switches. They require a fair amount of pressure to get them to start moving down, the feel is linear, with a soft tap at the bottom as the membrane collapses. There is an occasional thud to the space bar and a clack to the key caps, but these noises are from the return of the keys, and not from activation. The multimedia and lockouts are very handy to have, and we dig the solid blue LED backlighting over the optional mode of breathing LEDs.
Also, for those that like to game with arrows, there is no need to remap this keyboard, just hold the Function key, and press W and WASD and the arrows switch functionality. For a budget friendly design without drivers, Tt eSPORTS is still able to offer quite a bit to gamers and regular PC users.
The Commander Mouse has a slightly different story. We have no issues with its size or comfort, nor did we run into any tracking issues in any of the four DPI settings. The thumb buttons are in easy reach, and the concave sides, even without rubber grips, make this mouse very easy to lift and move about. Our issue was in the left click button. Considering we had no hand is mucking about by opening it, it is strange that we find that you really have to mean it when using this button, and only this button. Our guess is that it is simply a finicky switch, and you could easily RMA to solve the issue. If not for this issue, we really would have nothing detrimental to say about it either. It's accurate, it fits many hand grip styles, and again, considering the price point of this kit, we really could not ask for more for many games, as long as Macros aren't a huge part of the game play.
Considering you can go to all of the big name box store internet retailers and find this kit, there are no excuses as to why you cannot try the Commander Gaming Gear Combo for yourself. On top of being easy to find and only having to dish out $29.99 is just icing on an already tasty cake. There is a fair bit of style offered, the blue LEDs are nice, and adjustable on the keyboard if too bright at maximum, or you can put it into breathing mode. Another bonus is that once you are used to this gear, it is light, easy to pack away, and driverless, so it is easy to take along with you and still have all the comforts of home.
Of course, there are some things missing from the feature set, but considering we see just keyboards alone selling at $140, and a nice mouse can go at $80, you are saving damn near $200 with this value option. Even as spoiled as we have become with peripheral options, we can see holding onto this for some time, as it really is much better than a standard membrane kit.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||93%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||99%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||93%|
The Bottom Line: At $30, the Tt eSports Commander Gaming Gear Combo is a solid way to go! The plunger switches are nice, for a driverless kit it still offers a lot of features, and it does look good too.
PRICING: You can find the Tt eSPORTS Commander Gaming Gear Combo for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Tt eSPORTS Commander Gaming Gear Combo retails for $30 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Tt eSPORTS Commander Gaming Gear Combo retails for £53 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Commander Gaming Gear Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve's future games might beam directly into your brain
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99