Cooler Master GeminII S524 Ver 2 CPU Cooler
Precariously balanced to get this image, the oddly weighted S524 Ver 2 front end is in full view. With the Silencio FP fan on the top, we see a thick steel plate that is screwed into the aluminum fins with X-Vents around the copper heat pipes. As you look lower, the back section of fins extend further and are slotted into the aluminum top plate at the base of the cooler.
Moving now to the side of the S524 Ver 2, we see that the steel top plate is rolled over the edge for structural support and has chunks removed to offer flow around the cooler as well. The gap under the cooler at the left is 47mm for memory or whatever you need to go under this cooler.
At the back of the cooler, we see copper heat pipes without Nickel plating this time, and we also see more of the X-Vents, but below, we also see dimples and holes in the longer fins to help aide in their heat dispersal.
Without real reasoning behind it, the top plate on this side offers many fewer holes in it. It took us a minute to see it too, but there seems to be a hard lean to this cooler, if the fins are square, the base should not have the angle it is showing in this image, it should be more level to the image.
Looking down into the top of the S524 Ver 2, we see that the 120mm Silencio FP fan does do a good job of covering the fins below it, we do see holes to opt to a 140mm cooling solution as well. As for this 120mm fan, it is 4-pin powered, PWM, and the only flash to it is the chromed logo on the sticker.
Without the fan on the fins, we find channels on the sides to allow for the fan screws to clear them, and while the center is flat, it is lower than the steel plate and allows the fan to build a bit of pressure before entering the fin stack.
Dropping below the cooler, we wanted to get a better image of the pre-cooler that holds the pipes in direct contact with the CPU, but as it is channelled into the aluminum fins, the pre-cooler can dump heat into them as well as the heat pipes.
Still at the bottom, but from a different perspective, we can now see how the base is oriented under the cooler, that the sides of the pipes is where the installation hardware is installed, and that is ships with a protective sticker over the pipes to keep them from oxidizing.
Moving in much closer, we see that there isn't paste coming from between the pipes as we usually see with other HDT style cooler, and the surface is left with its milling marks. Holding an edge to the base, there are of course thin gaps where light passes, but the majority of the surfaces are flat across it.
PRICING: You can find the Cooler Master GeminII S524 Version 2 CPU Air Cooler with 120 mm Silencio FP Fan for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master GeminII S524 Ver 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives