Benchmarks - RAID 5 & 6 Workloads
Looking at sequential read performance, we found RAID 5 producing the highest results touching 118 MB/s from QD8 to 256, while RAID 6 had the most overhead reaching just 90 MB/s. Hybrid RAID 6 was the second highest performing solution on par with Hybrid RAID 5.
Sequential write produced the best results with Hybrid RAID 6 and RAID 5. Both of these were able to get very close to 120 MB/s. On the other hand, RAID 6 was barely able to achieve 80 MB/s.
Over to SMB workloads and the Hybrid RAID 5 results came in the highest with random read touching 1300 IOPS. Next was web server at 629 IOPS at QD256.
Hybrid RAID 6 showed similar performance with random read touching 1200 IOPS at QD256, while web server was able to muster 800 IOPS from QD32 to 256.
RAID 5 had some irregular activity with random write, while average IOPS came in around 400 IOPS.
RAID 6 was able to reach a peak of 5300 IOPS in random read, while random write touched 4000 IOPS several times in testing. SMB workloads produced close to 1000 IOPS for file and web server.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DiskStation DS415+ for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DiskStation DS415+ retails for $578 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DiskStation DS415+ retails for £424 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Synology DS415+ NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - RAID 0 & 10 Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - RAID 5 & 6 Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASRock X299E-ITX/ac: up to 12C/24T CPU power in ITX form
- Gionee announces three new smartphones
- AMD Ryzen powered QNAP NAS spotted at Computex
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z spotted
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017