Benchmarks - RAID 5 & 6 Workloads
Looking at sequential read performance, we found RAID 5 producing the highest results touching 118 MB/s from QD8 to 256, while RAID 6 had the most overhead reaching just 90 MB/s. Hybrid RAID 6 was the second highest performing solution on par with Hybrid RAID 5.
Sequential write produced the best results with Hybrid RAID 6 and RAID 5. Both of these were able to get very close to 120 MB/s. On the other hand, RAID 6 was barely able to achieve 80 MB/s.
Over to SMB workloads and the Hybrid RAID 5 results came in the highest with random read touching 1300 IOPS. Next was web server at 629 IOPS at QD256.
Hybrid RAID 6 showed similar performance with random read touching 1200 IOPS at QD256, while web server was able to muster 800 IOPS from QD32 to 256.
RAID 5 had some irregular activity with random write, while average IOPS came in around 400 IOPS.
RAID 6 was able to reach a peak of 5300 IOPS in random read, while random write touched 4000 IOPS several times in testing. SMB workloads produced close to 1000 IOPS for file and web server.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DiskStation DS415+ for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DiskStation DS415+ retails for $578 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DiskStation DS415+ retails for £424 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Synology DS415+ NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - RAID 0 & 10 Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - RAID 5 & 6 Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4