Benchmarks - RAID 0 & 10 Workloads
Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Sequential read produced just over 100 MB/s for both RAID 0 and 10 with a more consistent line for RAID 0 from QD 2 through 256.
Sequential write again showed more consistency from QD4 through 256 for RAID 0 with performance hovering close to 120 MB/s. RAID 10, on the other hand, took some time to ramp up to full 120 MB/s performance.
Moving over to workloads, we find random read peaking at 1300 IOPS for RAID 0, while random write topped 5000 IOPS. SMB workloads came in at 340 IOPS for database with the highest performance being seen in web server at 607 IOPS.
Switching over to RAID 10 results were a bit more erratic with random read showing 5400 IOPS at QD16 and random write topping out at QD32 at 4600 IOPS. SMB workloads peaked in web server at 726 IOPS with second going to workstation at 622 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DiskStation DS415+ for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DiskStation DS415+ retails for $578 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DiskStation DS415+ retails for £424 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Synology DS415+ NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - RAID 0 & 10 Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - RAID 5 & 6 Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- 'Terminator' to wrap with creator James Cameron's return
- PC gaming hardware market hits $30 billion
- Nintendo Switch battery life analysis
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni